Lin, Ene 06|
Thalia United Methodist Church
Winter 2019 Auditions 4:20 PM
Time & Location
Ene 06, 2019, 4:20 PM
Thalia United Methodist Church, 4321 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
About the Event
The Virginia Beach Chorale will hold auditions for the fall 2018 season on Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 2:00 pm.
Auditions to be held at Thalia United Methodist Church, 4321 Virginia Beach Blvd. Virginia Beach, VA 23452. The audition consists of one prepared solo in any style, a range test, and a sight-singing exercise. We are seeking quality vocalists in all voice ranges (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass). For more information, please contact the membership chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO APPLICANTS (application form below):
Thank you for auditioning with the Virginia Beach Chorale. Listed below is information about the Virginia Beach Chorale and its membership responsibilities.
- Membership dues are $50 per fiscal year, payable no later than September 30th, or January 31st for new members who are auditioning in January, unless arrangements are made in advance with the Membership Chairperson.
- The Virginia Beach Chorale performs two major concerts per year, in December and in May at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts. In addition, other performance opportunities may occur at other venues throughout the year.
- Members are responsible for the cost of their concert attire:
For women, a long black skirt, red & white top, and black jacket (approximately $140) will be ordered by the Virginia
Beach Chorale upon receipt of funds.
For men, a plain black tuxedo with a white shirt. A bow tie and cummerbund (approximately $15) will be ordered by the
Virginia Beach Chorale upon receipt of funds.
- For casual concerts, both men and women wear plain black slacks. A white polo shirt with the Virginia Beach Chorale logo (approximately $25-$25) will be ordered by the Virginia Beach Chorale upon receipt of funds.
- Concert attire payments are required when the group order is placed, unless arrangements are made in advance with the Membership Chairperson.
- Members are required to attend all scheduled rehearsals:
- Weekly rehearsals are on Monday evenings at Thalia United Methodist Church from 7:00 pm -9:30 pm and are often extended to 9:45 pm for rehearsals just prior to a performance. In addition, there is a final rehearsal immediately before each scheduled major concert.
- Members are required to sign an attendance sheet during each weekly rehearsal
- A member who misses more than 3 rehearsals may be required to appear before the audition committee to review repertoire preparatory level.
- All members are required to sign a Membership Agreement as outlined above and a Media Release Form.