Lin, Ago 22|
Thalia United Methodist Church
3:50 Audition Registration
Time & Location
Ago 22, 2021, 3:50 PM
Thalia United Methodist Church, 4321 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
About the Event
Auditions to be held at Thalia United Methodist Church, 4321 Virginia Beach Blvd. Virginia Beach, VA 23452. The audition consists of one prepared solo in any style, a range test, and a brief sight-reading exercise. We are seeking quality vocalists in all voice ranges (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass). For more information, please contact the membership chairperson at email@example.com.
TO APPLICANTS (application form below):
Thank you for auditioning with the Virginia Beach Chorale. Listed below is information about the Virginia Beach Chorale and its membership responsibilities. Should you be accepted by the audition committee, these are the expectations for membership.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions placed by rehearsal and performance venues, all singers will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and sign a COVID liability waiver prior to the start of rehearsals.
- Membership dues are assessed each concert cycle and are due prior to the start of rehearsals. Dues scholarships may be available. For more information, contact the board president at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Virginia Beach Chorale performs two major concerts per year, in December and in May at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts. In addition, other performance opportunities may occur at other venues throughout the year.
- Members are expected to perform in all scheduled concerts.
- Weekly rehearsals are on Monday evenings at Thalia United Methodist Church from 7:00 pm -9:30 pm and are often extended to 9:45 pm for rehearsals just prior to a performance. In addition, there is a final rehearsal immediately before each scheduled major concert.
- Members are expected to make rehearsals a priority. A member who misses more than 3 rehearsals may be required to appear before the audition committee to review repertoire preparatory level.
- All members are required to sign a Membership Agreement, COVID-19 Liabilty Waiver, and a Media Release Form.