Lin, Ene 05|
Thalia United Methodist Church
3:40 Audition Winter 2020
Time & Location
Ene 05, 2020, 3:40 PM
Thalia United Methodist Church, 4321 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
About the Event
Auditions to be held at Thalia United Methodist Church, 4321 Virginia Beach Blvd. Virginia Beach, VA 23452. The audition consists of one prepared solo in any style, a range test, and a sight-singing exercise. We are seeking quality vocalists in all voice ranges (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass). For more information, please contact the membership chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO APPLICANTS (application form below):
Thank you for auditioning with the Virginia Beach Chorale. Listed below is information about the Virginia Beach Chorale and its membership responsibilities.
- Membership dues are $40 per concert cycle or $75 for the year (September through June), payable within 30 days of acceptance by the Audition committee and annually in September or seasonally in September and January for returning members, unless arrangements are made in advance with the Membership Chairperson.
- The Virginia Beach Chorale performs two major concerts per year, in December and in May at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts. In addition, other performance opportunities may occur at other venues throughout the year.
- Members are expected to perform in all scheduled concerts.
- Weekly rehearsals are on Monday evenings at Thalia United Methodist Church from 7:00 pm -9:30 pm and are often extended to 9:45 pm for rehearsals just prior to a performance. In addition, there is a final rehearsal immediately before each scheduled major concert.
- Members are expected to make rehearsals a priority. A member who misses more than 3 rehearsals may be required to appear before the audition committee to review repertoire preparatory level.
- All members are required to sign a Membership Agreement as outlined above and a Media Release Form.